This website can be useful for editors of Wikivoyage. It helps to convert a GeoJSON polygon into a mapmask or vice versa. Just paste the GeoJSON/mapmask code in the field above and click on Convert
GeoJSON to Mapmask
- Paste some example GeoJSON code into the textbox above: (Note: Code was taken straight from Commons.)
- Click on Convert. A map with the districts will show up. Select any polygon on the map to convert it to mapmask.
- Use this code in a Wikivoyage article to grey out everything beyond the district border of a certain article.
Mapmask to GeoJSON
- Paste some example Mapmask code into the textbox above:
- Click on Convert. The polygon of the mapmask will be shown on the map. Copy the result in the textarea below the map.
- Go to geojson.io and paste the result in the right field under the JSON tab and check the result on the map.
- Change the properties of the geometry according to your liking (i.e. change the color, add a title, etc.).
- This GeoJSON file could be saved to Wikimedia Commons and be implemented in a Wikipedia or Wikivoyage map.
If you have ideas on how to make this tool better please head over to the github page and participate.